Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chapter 2: Motivating Young Adolescents

Just a few days ago I was told in my SED class that the key to getting students to do as you want is motivation and how are we going to motivate our students. Since I was just thinking about how I will motivate my students, this chapter was very useful in that it let me see ideas and tips for how an experienced teacher has motivated his students. This was great, it let me reflect on my thoughts and add to them. I really loved that the author provided one example after another. It gave me a better understand of many different ways I can try to motivate students. From reading this chapter and observing remarks of students in third grade and my classmates, I think I understand the biggest motivation for students: making class work fun. If what we are teaching them is boring and plain, they are going to tune us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment